Friday, January 15, 2010

Countdown begins in earnest

Today is my (Kari's) last day at work before travel preparations must begin in earnest! We'll be in China very soon, and meeting Rachel on Jan. 24. Thank you, Grammie and Grandpa Austin, for staying with Lillian while we're overseas. The anticipation of meeting Rachel is overwhelming, but it's really started to affect me in the last few days that we will be away from Lillian for the longest time -- by far -- since the day we met her. I don't think I've been away from her for more than a day and a half in two years. Conflicting emotions -- but we are confident that it will all be MORE than worth it in the end.

2 comments:

The Austins at Vincent said...

We can't wait to read your next blog and see the latest pics of Rachel and you! Love, Grammie Pat & Grandpa Eric

Mrs. Irwin said...

I'm so happy for you guys. Can't wait to see pictures of your travels and your new daughter. Travel safely!!!!!